Renting the Jagriti theatre
Renting the Jagriti theatre
Visiting Theatre Companies,
JAGRITI means AWAKENING in Sanskrit.
JAGRITI is a space for the performing arts in Whitefield, Bangalore, India.
JAGRITI has a 200-seat fully equipped auditorium
JAGRITI has an attached restaurant open Tuesday to Sunday through the year.
JAGRITI has a cafeteria offering refreshments at show times Tuesday to Sunday.
JAGRITI has residential accommodation alongside for visiting companies.
JAGRITI has attached spaces for meetings
JAGRITI has hosted performers from Australia, Germany, UK, USA and from other centres in India.
JAGRITI welcomes associations with cultural and arts centres from anywhere in the world
For current tariffs please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All rentals are liable for 15% Service Tax.
Jagriti opens its doors to performing companies for full week bookings, Tuesday to Sunday
- Ticket prices are fixed at Rs. 300
- The rental must be paid in full at the time of booking
- The accounts will be settled within one month of the closing performance OR one week after the money has been released by our ticketing partner, bookmyshow; whichever is earlier
- The percentage due to Jagriti will be deducted from the amount payable
- Cancellations made 45 days before dates of performance may reschedule subject to availability
- Cancellations made within 30 days of the performance date, forfeit the rental paid
- 10.30am till close of show on moving-in day (not to be confused with tech rehearsal day)
- 2pm till close of show on all subsequent days
- Tech Rehearsal day - 11am - 5pm
- Weekdays and Saturday 8pm
- Sundays 3 & 6:30pm
- All technical equipment (visit Technical Specifications)
- Green room and dressing room facilities
- Generator backup ONLY in case of power failure during the performance. All other usage of the generator will be charged. Please enquire at the office for the prevailing rates.
- 8 platforms (3’ x 3’ x 9") and 6 cubes (16’’ – 2 nos; 20” – 2 nos; 24” – 2 nos)
- Sets and props as seen in the green room are available for hire, please enquire at the office
- Theatre groups are advised to inform Jagriti of their sponsors in the application form. In case sponsorship is not finalised at the time of booking the theatre, the group shall let Jagriti know in writing immediately on confirmation.
- When talking to a sponsor, please ensure that the following rules are clearly communicated and understood:
- All branding must carry the name of the sponsor as presenting [name of play]. Standalone banners of sponsor names/products/services are not allowed.
- We do not allow stalls to be set up in Lumbini or the Foyer.
- No branding of any sort is permitted within the theatre.
- Jagriti reserves the right to remove any branding if deemed unethical or unaesthetic.
Please fill in the form below to make a rental booking.
(Problems with the form? Write to email@example.com)
Jagriti is a Performance Arts space dedicated to Theatre, Music, Dance and Comedy. Founded in 2011 by Arundhati and Jagdish Raja, the space has hosted several productions from India and around the world. A 200-seat theatre built around a full-thrust stage, it is fully equipped to cater to both artistes and audience. The main stage is designed for intimate performances, with adjoining spaces for informal lectures and gatherings, and an attached restaurant. Jagriti is owned and operated by the not-for profit ART Foundation, a registered charitable trust.
The Rooftop - above the main auditorium is an open-to-sky space with a stage area that can accommodate about 50 people. A raised and walled off platform can work as a perfect area for puppet theatre. The Rooftop has a restroom and a pantry.
The Terrace - alongside the auditorium can accommodate about 20 people as an informal gathering area.
Lumbini - extending out from the foyer, Lumbini has a stage and an open-to-sky terraced space for about 80 people.